Thursday 1 November 2007

A Striker Reborn

It is difficult to believe Carlton Cole could "go missing" on a football pitch given that he stands 6ft 3in tall but many Upton Park regulars will have endorsed Alan Curbishley's choice of words when the West Ham United manager reflected on a career that has promised much and delivered little.

The injury-time goal that took West Ham past Coventry and into the quarter-finals of the Carling Cup on Tuesday could be a sign that Cole is rediscovering the form that prompted Chelsea to offer him a six-year contract as a teenager. With West Ham's treatment room now overflowing an opportunity beckons. "I have been under a lot of pressure from my own fans," said Cole. "Sometimes I think it has been a bit unjust but that is football. I am trying to come to terms with that. I came to the club and a lot was expected of me. But I have never been given a great chance to fulfil my potential at any of the clubs I have been with. What the fans have seen of me so far has not been good enough. Hopefully I can change that now.

No comments:

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari